Purpose: To provide guidance to centers on best practices to capture surgeries requiring hospitalization to avoid duplicate data entry and improve the organization of surgery specific data. For surgeries and procedures not requiring hospitalization please see Guidance for Recording Day Surgeries and Procedures.
- Record the event as a hospitalization through the interactions tab
- Enter only the mandatory field: Admission Date.
2. Select ‘Create linked interaction. Select Surgery
- Add surgery details
3. Select ‘Create linked interaction’ to add any treatments that are given, directly related to the surgery.
- The data will appear as below: